How Can We Help?
Your First Purchase
There's nothing more exciting than purchasing your first home and the prospect of making it truly your own. But like any new experience, excitement can turn into worry if you are overwhelmed by documents, deadlines and unknowns.
Knowing this, Guertin Lawyers take a personal approach to your first home purchase. Throughout the process, you can contact us at any time – and as often as you need – to have your questions answered. And, you can be certain that one of our lawyers directly handles your deal.
We also offer you these benefits to help make your first home purchase experience a positive one:
- No-surprise pricing . You'll know what the legal fees will cost you up-front. See Our Prices for more detail.
- No-charge conversations . We won't charge you for each phone call or meeting you have with us – it's all part of the service in our no-surprise pricing. Our door is open to you throughout the purchase process.
- Information and education . The first home you purchase likely won't be the last that you purchase. That's why we provide you with the information you need to become familiar with this important experience. In fact, we've collected much of the information you'll need in the Tools & Information section of this website.
- Exceptional client services. With a lawyer, mortgage finance consultant, and full staff trained in all aspects of real estate transactions, your questions will be answered and your needs addressed quickly and accurately.
This web site includes all the information you'll need to get started with Guertin Lawyers today, including:
- The steps involved in purchasing a home.
- The unique aspects of purchasing a condo.
- A Cost Calculator to help you estimate the costs of your purchase and your mortgage.
- Information about the Ontario New Home Warranty Program and how it protects you when purchasing a new home from a builder.
- A Buyer's Checklist, which you should complete prior to meeting with us.
Contact us to receive a straightforward quotation and make an appointment.