How Can We Help?
If you are refinancing your home, you should prepare the following items before you visit us:
- Provide your real-estate agent with your lawyer's name, phone and fax numbers, so that your agent can provide us with the Agreement of Purchase and Sale.
Note that it is a good idea to make yourself a separate list or schedule of the conditions of the offer – such as financing, a home inspection and any special considerations that are part of the offer – so that you remain aware of any time-sensitive material that could cause the offer to expire. You will also need to inform us when you waive any conditions that are part of the offer.
- Provide us with the following information for all mortgages and secured lines of credit that are registered on the title of the property:
- Name of the lending institution
- Branch & address
- Contact person
- Reference or docket number.
- Your contact information – provide us with your phone numbers where you can be reached, as well as your forwarding address.
- Names and dates of birth – we will need the name and date of birth of each person that appears on your title to the property.
- Confirm your spousal status (e.g. single, married, divorced, separated, etc.)
- Provide us with your most recent property tax bill and proof of payment of all taxes.
- Ensure that fire insurance is placed on the house before closing. Ask your insurance broker to provide us with an insurance binder prior to closing.
- If you are refinancing a condominium unit, we will need to know the name and phone number of the condominium corporation's property manager.